Google stats

Label / Tag Cloud for this Blog

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Archinect - online journal AND people who developed blog of architecture schools

Archinect - Making Architecture More Connected (since 1997) I have checkedand found that I have apparently not pointed to these people before... Strange. Because their blog of blogs from architecture students around the world was something I found around two years when setting this blog up. Check out the Architecture School blog - it still has many blogs from many schools - but quite a number are defunct and archived: including the one from our school. A couple of years ago the blog of blogs looked like a brave new experiment in world wide communication. It begins to look more and more like a failed experiment...

I can only speculate what the issue is. It seems to me that the problem may be that there were no linking issues. In its early days it looked like a collection in one place of online diaries - with no other linking theme. Without that theme I wonder whether there is any major incentive to return to the site to participate.

That said, the news value of the site is high. The RSS feed is definitley worth subscribing to. The writing is hardly the insight yet of a Beard Goldberger or Huxtable (Ref 1, Ref 2, Ref 3) - it seems to describe rather than critique (but then I have not read it all).

No comments:

News View

My del.icio.us most recent bookmarks